Copo Cafe & Diner

It's always refreshing to discover brunch places that are not in Surry Hills or in the City - especially when there is ample parking nearby. Copo Cafe & Diner is situated in Drummoyne and on one fine Saturday morning, M and I ventured out to try this renowned cafe. Throughout the car ride, all I could think about was eggs, eggs and eggs. Clearly obsessed.



Copo sits in a large 2 storey premise complete with an outdoor terrace on the second floor - great for when the weather is on your side. We actually discovered Copo through a recent Time Out article, describing the place as one of the Best Summer Cafes. Naturally we were intrigued!



How cute is this?



The cafe was buzzing with people by 11am and had a nice chilled atmosphere - perfect for weekend brunch.



The interiors reminded me of Paramount Coffee Project but scaled down to be more cosy and warm.



The menu is quite extensive so do take your time to decide what you want to order. Breakfast style or lunch options? Decisions decisions...

Note: On weekends they offer all day brunch menu (Hurray!)


It was a relatively warm morning that day so M and I opted for Iced Mocha ($6) and Iced Coffee ($6) respectively. The price tags for these drinks may seem exxy but trust me it's totally worth it. My Iced Coffee in particular was quite possibly one of the best ones I've ever had. Not overly sweet with just the right amount of coffee flavour and ratio with the cream - this was seriously amazing. 



M ordered the House Smoked Trout with Fried Egg, Potato Hash, Herbs & Toast ($19) and my oh my, this was a tasty dish. The trout was super flavoursome and nicely tossed with the potato hash and herbs. Spread some evenly onto the buttered toast and mix with the gooey egg for the ultimate breakfast bite. Delicious!


My order of Baked Eggs with Fried Potato, Chorizo, Chimichurri and Toast ($19) came in a serving size that exceeded my expectations. To be honest I couldn't finish it! The baked eggs were nice and gooey with a hint of spice from the chorizo. I wasn't a fan of the potatoes as they were cut up too big, making it a bit bland in taste. So I mixed it with the chorizo for a nice balance of flavours. 



Overall the food wasn't too bad at Copo but I must say, I was a tad disappointed with my baked eggs. Maybe because I keep comparing it to the ones I had at Melbourne? Anyhow the coffee was fantastic and the atmosphere was great for a nice early brunch when the weather is great. 



Copo is conveniently located next to a free council car park on Formosa Street which means you don't have to worry about securing a parking spot.






Copo Cafe & Diner
M3 135 Victoria Road
Drummoyne NSW 2047
02 9719 9057

http://www.copocafediner.com.au/ 


Copo Cafe & Diner on Urbanspoon

Labels: ,